- RAC Signature members Ruth Haas and Ron Haas have an exhibit of Oil Paintings and Color Pencil Drawings at the 1570 Gallery at Valley Manor, 1570 East Avenue Rochester, October 24 through December 4, 2016. Artist’s reception November 4th 6-9pm.
- RAC Signature member Kath DeWitt Hess has an exhibit of graphite renderings at the P. Tribastone Fine Art Gallery, 32 S. Main St. Canandaigua October 1-29. Artist’s reception October 7th 5-8pm.
- RAC Signature members Diane Bellenger, Brian O’Neill and Suzi Zefting-Kuhn have three artists, one theme exhibit opening at the Little Theater Cafe, Sunday October 2nd, 2:30-4:30pm
- Central Adirondack Art Show at the View, Old Forge NY (May 7-June 12, 2016) : RAC members included in this exhibit were Diane Bellenger, Fran Bliek, Virginia Braun, Kathy Houston and Gabriele Lodder.
- 2016 Adirondack National Exhibition of American Watercolors at the View , Old Forge, NY (August 5th-October 9th): RAC members juried into the show are Nancy Lane, Valerie Larsen and Virginia Braun.
- Valerie Larsen’s watercolor, Fountain, appears in Splash 17 – Inspiring Subjects to be released this month by Northlight Books
- Penfield Art Association’s Show and Sale, June 6th-June 12th: RAC members participating were Kathy Wagner (Best in Show), Joy Argento (Best in Show Small Work, Juror award), John Heister(3 Juror Awards), Kathy Houston(Juror Award), Erika Hutch (Juror award), Teresa Barlis (Merit), Erika Hutch (2 Merits.
- Painting and Photography Show at the Art Center of Yates County (June 6-July 18)
Pat Tribastone won First Place with “ Whose Egg is it Anyway?”
Robin McCondichie won Second Place with “Frozen Shadows”
Virginia Braun won Third Place with “Dancing Diamonds”
Steve BonDurant won Fifth Place with “Summer Flock”
Also juried into the same exhibit were RAC members Teresa Barlis, Frank Bliek, Kathy Houston, Peggy Martinez, and Rosa Montante.
- Adirondack Pastel Society’s National Exhibit 2016: Juried into the show are RAC members Pat Tribastone, and Robin McCondichie.
Join us Saturday, June 18, 2016
for a free demo by Corey Pitkin on Still Life in Oil!
The demo will take place in Studio 437-439 at the Hungerford
No RSVP necessary!
Corey will also spend some time discussing artists’ websites (best choices for providers/ who to use and what they offer/ cheap vs. easy to use/ how to set up a shopping cart etc.)
- RAC Signature member Lennie Muscarella juried into the 19th Annual Lakeside-Statewide Juried Art Exhibition with the Art Association of Oswego and received an honorable mention for his painting ‘Elizabeth’. The show runs March 26-April 24th.
- RAC Signature member Patricia Tribastone’s painting “Mandarins and Sketchbook” has been accepted in the John F. Peto Museum’s International Still Life and Trompe l’oeil show in New Jersey. the show opens May 13-Sept. 4, 2016.
- RAC Signature members Olivia Kim, Brian O’Neill and Suzi Zefting-Kuhn were juried into the 75th Arnot Art Museum’s Regional Exhibition in Elmira NY. The exhibit opens to the public April 15th and goes to August 13th. Opening reception is April 15th at 5pm. For more details go to the Arnot’s website Arnot Art Museum.
- RAC members juried into the Penfield Art Association’s Winter Show at Barnes & Noble Pittsford: Joy Argento, John Heister, Kathy Houston, Erica Hutch, Gabriele Lodder, and Brenda Lyness.
Joy Argento won Best in Show
Erika Hutch won a Juror’s Award. Gabriele Lodder won a Merit Award.
The show runs from February 1-February 28, 2016.
- The Irondequoit Art Club (IAC), a locally-based group of diversely-talented artists, presents an exhibit of original, fine art at the Irondequoit Town Hall. A new art display is shown every three months. The current show runs through April 30, 2016 and features various media including acrylic, oil and watercolor for view &/or for sale. Participating artists are: Linda Hanss, Ginny Sullivan, David Pell, Jan Ferry-Axman, Jim Dawson, Jeanette Ferretti-Wojtas, Michele Barnard, Sally Steinwachs, Gary Knapp, Betty Papaleo and Patrick McCaffery. The pieces are located on the main floor outside and inside the Broderick Room, at the Assessor’s office, on the 2nd floor outside of administrative offices, along the hallway, in the building department, and in the Town Supervisor’s office. IAC artist, Barbara Montione, is the coordinator of this display.
The Irondequoit Town Hall is located at 1280 Titus Ave, Rochester, NY 14617 and is handicapped accessible. There is no entry fee. For more info, contact the town hall at 585-467-8840, Barb Montione at 585-338-1184 or the IAC website www.irondequoitartclub.org.
Irondequoit Art Walk
Now through April 30, 2016
Weekdays 9 to 4:30
Irondequoit Town Hall
1280 Titus Ave.
Rochester, NY 14617
To learn more:
Contact the Town Hall (467-8840), Barb Montione (338-1184) or visit the art club website www.irondequoitartclub.org.
- RAC Signature member, Suzi Zefting-Kuhn has been juried into the 83rd Annual Hudson Valley Art Association’s National Juried Exhibition to be held at the Salmagundi Club in NYC. Reception is Friday, April 1st 5-8pm. Her accepted piece is a pastel pencil portrait titled ‘Tigress’.
Signature Member Patricia Tribastone PSA, MP, MC-IAPS won the Heilman Box Award at the Connecticut Pastel Society’s Renaissance in Pastel Exhibit In Stamford, CT.
Signature member Brian Porter has placed 9th Honorable Mention for non-commissioned portraits in the 2015 Portrait Society of America’s Members Only Competition. His winning piece is titled ‘Romano’ and is pastel on paper. This piece also garnered Brian a Juror’s Award at the Rochester Art Club Fall Show at B & N last month.
- RAC Signature member Brian Porter has been juried into the Buffalo Society of Artists as an exhibiting member. Brian Porter has an MFA from the New York Academy of Art and is a practicing artist in the figurative tradition. He currently is Assistant Professor of Art at ECC, Williamsville. Brian has produced bronze commissions for public and private patrons and has been in several statewide shows over the past decade. “My life long pursuit of understanding the human form and the complex nature of its replication in the visual drives my passion. The work often revolves around shared experiences of humanity. Powerful images lead to universally shared responses and experience. I use my work to reveal these experiences and continue an internal dialogue that can be shared by the viewer.
- RAC Signature member Lennie Muscarella was juried into the American Artists Professional League 87th Grand National in NYC. He was also juried into the 25th Best of America Exhibit 2015. Show dates are October 10-December 12th.
in the Pastel Society of Western New York’s Inaugural Founding Members Exhibition at the P. Tribastone Fine Art Gallery, 32 S. Main St., Canandaigua! The opening reception/awards was held Friday, September 4th. The show runs through the end of day September 26th. Gallery hours are Tuesday – Saturday, 10am-6pm.
Kathleen Hanney Rochester Art Supply Award
Suzi Zefting-Kuhn Award of Excellence
Kath DeWitt Hess Honorable Mention
Gabriele Lodder Honorable Mention
Robin McCondichie Honorable Mention (no image available)